Sunday, June 16, 2013

Last weekend's long weekend!

Before I start this post, I feel like I should apologize for not updating my blog lately! However, in my defence it has been rather busy for me lately - our school is holding open classes for the parents to come watch later this week, so we have to plan extra special lessons for that, and I think all of the teachers at school are crazy stressed out about it.  Not to mention being ridiculously tired - why do they have to start building/banging at 6:30 until 8 am ON THE WEEKEND???

For this post, I'll talk about last weekend, which was a long weekend!!!  Four days off - it was excellent. And I was finally not sick anymore!
I started off the weekend by going to Odongdo (a little island in Yeosu) with a friend of mine.  It was a lovely day and Odongdo is absolutely beautiful! I can probably see myself going back there a few times! 
You can see some of the pictures that I took in this photo album (Click here).
Oh, and they have a water fountain there that they time to music - it was kind of cool - I took a video - See it here:














I also tried out some street food (for the FIRST time in Korea) and it was DELICIOUS!!! What did I have, you may ask - well, I had a waffle that was filled with whipped cream that was drizzled with honey. Yum! (And yes, I can feel your shock from here that I ate something with whipped cream - but it didn't taste like whipped cream - it's difficult to describe, but it was more fluid and not as fluffy - does that make sense???)

On the Friday I visited Manseongni Black Sand Beach, which is apparently a famous beach in Yeosu.  It was my first visit to a beach here - unfortunately it ended up being rather hazy that day (but I went again this weekend and it was a beautiful clear day and you could see the islands all the way across the water.  Getting there is kind of scary though.  On part of the bus ride there, you go through a tunnel which looks like it is only one lane of traffic, but nope, both directions of traffic go through it!  So when vehicles come from the other direction, the bus either has to pull into a tiny little offshoot or back up into one.  Not to mention there are NO lights in this tunnel at all other than the vehicle headlights - sketchy!  Here's a couple pictures from the beach - these are from last Friday - which wasn't a holiday for everyone, which is why the beach was so quiet.






The only other interesting things I can really say about my long weekend was that I visited a market and bought some peas - and the ahjummas kept trying to convince me to buy some weird lettuce too, but all I wanted was my peas!  Then I wandered down to a fruit shop where I got myself some grapes and got a baker's half dozen bananas as a service! Score!! 'Free' fruit! Who wouldn't love that?!


No comments:

Post a Comment