Sunday, August 5, 2018

Kobe Fireworks 2018

Nothing feels more like summer than a fireworks display.  At least when you're living in Japan anyway.  It's an event that draws people by the thousands every time.  In Japan, it's also an opportunity to go to an event with a festival kind of atmosphere, and many people get dressed up in yukata or jinbei to celebrate.  I personally love firework displays in Japan, because they never disappoint.  Last year's fireworks were special because it was Kobe's 150th anniversary, but this year was also special as it was Hyogo prefecture's 150th anniversary.  The theme for the display this year was flowers, and as usual, they were absolutely beautiful and vivid.  The fireworks went on for about an hour with only a minute of two break between different sections.  This year, I went on my own again, and was able to find myself a spot to sit with a really good vantage point!

I'm going to let this video and these pictures do the rest of the explaining for me....

You can also click here to watch the video.

































No comments:

Post a Comment