Sunday, May 14, 2017

I'm so happy!! 私はすごく嬉しい!!

‪‬
Although I have been really busy, basically every day, I'm also really happy!!


 Partly because of that, I've been playing a song about being happy for my kids, and it gets stuck in my head a lot.  ♪♪ "Na, na, na, I'm so happy, oh so happy, sing with me!!" ♪♪  Over and over and over. Should I put it in your heads too?


In normal every day kind of life at work, my kids are mostly really cute, kids from my class (and the other same aged class) talk to me/hug me every day.  There's one little boy from my class last year, who literally comes running into my room every morning to give me a big hug.  And another one of my girls from last year always has to come find me in the morning and before she goes home, either to talk, give me a hug, or show me her newest things that she brought to school or is wearing.  It's awesome!  Plus, my teaching partner this year is always trying to compete with me to see who can get things done first, and we're laughing a lot, which is also wonderful, and I think it's good for the kids too. 

Speaking of my kids...recently, this year's class has gotten so much better!  And I was really happy with them, and proud of them as well this week.  There were various reasons for that, but the one I want to talk to about is this: This week we started to practice our dance for the school festival at the end of the month.  And can I just mention this...I'm the one who was choreographing the moves.  I did it last year as well for our winter performance...but I have to say, it is not easy.  There are some parts that are really easy to figure out, but other parts can be really difficult.  Especially when you're trying to think about things that 3 year olds can do.  Anyway, the first time we tried, they really tried hard to copy what we (their teachers) were doing. By the third time (3 days later), they were already remembering the moves, helped me to decide on some moves for a section I was having difficulty with, and did an overall awesome job!! So happy. So so happy with them.  Usually it takes a lot longer, and we were worried it would be to difficult for them.  But they can do it!! The song choice was a joint decision between me and my partner, so we're dancing to "Can't stop the feeling" and I heard that our class is going to be the first dance after the opening.  No pressure there. 



Outside of work, last weekend I got to go see Yoshida Hiroki's lives (it'd been about a month since the last time).  The first time was in a live house, and he played some new songs in a style that was kind of different for him, but were really great anyway! The second time was a street live at GrandFront, I always like going there to hear him sing. Something about the atmosphere I think.  That day, there was also a really interesting old grandmother who stopped to listen to him. She really seemed to get into listening and was clapping away (although her rhythm didn't match the song at all...) At one point she came and sat beside me, and was muttering to herself as she read his flyer, mostly good things, although she did hit his face on it at one point when complaining about how his hairstyle in the picture made it really hard to see his face.  It was so hard not to laugh!  Then she turned to me and said something about how his voice was really good, and then proceeded to be shocked when I actually answered her in Japanese. She was really funny.  And she offered me snacks after I talked with her for a little bit.

ヨシダヒロキstreet live
Also, interestingly, earlier this week Yoshida san was doing a TwitCast live, and in the middle of it he started talking about how he wants to go to Australia, then suddenly started talking in English. But more surprising were the responses he got.  Comments started coming in wondering if I was watching the cast!  So he mentioned my name, so of course I had to comment, but he seemed really surprised I was there...the more surprised person was me though!  Then his other fans started saying hello to me, and kind of teased him about his English, 'even though Amanda helps you....'

This weekend there was a music festival in Kobe that went through both Saturday and Sunday.  On Saturday, I went there because FASE was performing, and he was on the main stage this time, and had a band to support as well.  It was fun!  And I also saw a couple of other women who often go to listen to his music, and spent some time talking with them as well (one in particular).  I found a video of one of the songs he performed on this day HERE.

FASE @ Shinkaichi Music Festival
Sunday, my teaching partner from last year, also performed at that same music festival, so I went to see her, and was also able to meet up with another one of the teachers that we worked together with last year (who was transferred to a different campus this year).  It was really nice to see them, and we went and wandered around the festival for a while together afterwards, got some food and drinks and then went to watch a group that my partner really liked!

Her group, New Funktion
Waiting for them to start!

 
She looks so happy! ^_^
We met another staff member and her daughter!!
It was a good reunion!!
In this group that she liked, one of their members is returning to America soon, so she and the other teacher kept telling me that I should join the group because my partner has a thing for my voice and wants to hear me sing more.  Pressure, pressure.  Especially after the group mentioned that they would prefer the new member to not be Japanese.  Ahhh!!! Since when do I sing outside of my classroom????
 
The group they figured I should join: うたうらら6

Recently, I've also had the chance to talk with some people that I haven't talked to or seen in quite some time, so that was another good thing that has happened!

Also, later this week, we're going to take our kids on their first field trip of the year, which will be fun, I'm sure.  And more music to look forward to as well!  Some street lives coming up, and next weekend Yoshida Hiroki is doing a cinema live for the third time, which is always an exciting and interesting event, and I can't wait!  Recently he posted a video of one of his songs from the rehearsal!  You can take a look by clicking HERE!

Like I said in the beginning: ♪♪ "Na, na, na, I'm so happy, oh so happy..." ♪♪

No comments:

Post a Comment