Monday, May 23, 2016

土曜日は楽しかった!! (Saturday was fun!!)

This past Saturday, as the title suggests, was really fun for me!

I met up with my Australian friend, and the two of us started by going out for lunch. We ended up at this nice little café, and shared a pizza and got cheesecake for dessert. If you were wondering the pizza was 4 cheese, but in Japan they serve cheese pizza with honey. Now this might not be something you would think of as normal, but it's actually really good! You just spread out the honey goodness on your pizza, and wow! I did try a piece plain for comparison, but it was really better with honey!  The cheesecake was incredible!!! It had kind of Oreo crumbs on top, was served with ice cream and garnished with a tropical fruit sauce. Soooooo yummy!!! Look and drool:


At the café we talked about all kinds of interesting things, and one of the interesting things I found out is that Queensland on Australia has a big problem with these giant toads. Apparently they were first introduced to help with insect problems on the sugarcane they grow there, but in my friend's words: they were too lazy to do the job they were brought there to do. And since Australia's climate is so warm they reproduced like crazy. She told me that people tried to keep them as pets for a while, but that didn't work so well, (possibly due to giving people warts and that they're poisonous) and now they're considered to be pests. Now the really interesting part: according to her people go on hunting sprees for these toads--her method of choice was to run them over with her vehicle, and apparently her neighbors spear them. BUT....she told me even if they're speared straight through the middle, they can pull themselves off the spear, so it requires a little more to kill it. Creepy! They're like zombies!

After we left the café, we went and quickly found a geocache in a nearby park. On the way there we ran into a random guy who shouted, "Remember Pearl Harbor!" at us. Neither of us being American, we were kind of non-plussed, but there are all sorts of people everywhere after all. And, of course, neither of us appreciated being taken for Americans. (No offense, my American friends)

Then we headed off to the live--when we went hiking she'd asked to join me at one -- and this happened to be the day for that! It was at a new location for me, and had a new musician for me as well, but it was good! Plus, it was nice to have a friend to talk with. When we first walked in, the other musician turned on his English switch and said, "nice to meet you" to us, at which point ヨシダさん basically told him not to worry about it and that Japanese was okay. And of course, we are happy to practice our Japanese, but it's also nice sometimes when people try to make us comfortable by using our language (although personally, in this kind of situation, I usually prefer to practice my Japanese, but that's me). During the live, ヨシダさん played a song that he usually tries to get people to sing a little bit with him, and usually he'll ask everyone, then girls, then boys, then everyone to do it. Being the shy person I am, I generally don't do it, but this time he singled us out! He called on the "people with different colored hair" to do it. Ahh...seriously?! He should know better by now. And did he have to say it like that? My friend turned bright red--turns out she's a little shy too. It was kind of funny though.  After the live, my friend had to hurry off to go meet other friends that were waiting for her in Osaka, and ヨシダさん seemed super surprised that she left me there, but I knew beforehand, so it was ok!

Afterwards, I went back home to my fruit shopping area, and then went home and took in some sunshine.

That evening ヨシダさん had another live  in Kobe, in the place where he goes pretty much once a month, and since the afternoon live was kind of short and it wasn't like I had plans, I decided to go for a little while (not right at the beginning, but later). When I got there, there were a few people, and I got to hear a couple songs before he took a break. Then a couple more songs, and then all the other customers at the time left, leaving just me, the bartender, and ヨシダさん. I thought that he would sing a little bit more, because there was still an hour and a half-ish before his time was finished, but he didn't! What am I? I'm a customer too...tsk...am I being taken for granted? But the three of talked together, and that was nice too. I learned more about them and we talked about some random things, and of course, music for a while.  Yay!! Practice time for me! Oh... I said it was nice, and it was...UNTIL...they pulled out the karaoke machine. We had been talking about various musicians, and then suddenly they were like, "we want to hear Amanda's voice." Of course, my response was, "WHAT???!!!! No!" No way I'm going to sing karaoke, especially not by myself, and even more especially not in front of the musician whose music I love. Not to mention, I had lost my voice on Thursday and Friday (which I think was what let me off the hook). Lucky?  Anyway, eventually after that one more lady came in -- I'd seen her before and she remembered me as well, and we talked for a bit. After she came in, ヨシダさん sang a couple more songs before finally finishing for the night.

That's it, that's all! Good day, don't you agree? 

No comments:

Post a Comment